Baltic 4 Nations 25th July – 8th August 2015
ombine a traditional sailing rally with a flotilla holiday, all in the comfort of your own boat.
A 370 mile, two week cruise, visiting some of the most beautiful locations in the southern Baltic. Hanseatic cities, quiet fishing harbours, bustling cities, and great beaches, with opportunities to sample local culture and cuisine as well as some great sailing!
The rally follows a tried and tested route (weather dependant) and yachts meet at 7 marinas throughout the 2 weeks. You will be sailing with the experienced Sailing Rallies lead boat who know the area and what it has to offer. During the free-sail days you are encouraged to further explore, visiting different anchorages or marinas armed with information provided by the SRL team. Starting and finishing in Copenhagen, the rally is carefully planned to make the most of your holiday time.
There are no tides in the Baltic making for straight forward navigation and the longest leg is just over 70 miles – about the same distance as the south coast of the UK to northern France – meaning no overnight sailing is required. A variety of social events are laid on throughout the 2 weeks for all to enjoy; ranging from organised trips to sights of interest, and days exploring by bicycle, to group BBQs, traditional meals out and live music evenings.
As with all of our events, we welcome all kinds of sailors on the B4N – whoever you are, you will receive a high level of support from us and be made to feel part of the family from the moment you enter.
Route & Schedule
Day 1 | Start in Copenhagen: chance to explore this famous, cosmopolitan city. We meet in Svanemollen Marina; convenient and reasonably priced just 4km north of the city and less than 45 mins on public transport to the airport.
Day 2 | Køge | 25 miles | a beautiful old Danish market town, well preserved and founded in 1288.
Day 3 | Free-sail day
Day 4 | Klintholm | 40 miles | anchor at the stunning Mons Klint before stopping Klintholm; a small traditional fishing village, which boasts a Spar, two sandy beaches, a small handful of restaurants and an antique shop!
Day 5 | Free-sail day
Day 6 | Stralsund | 45 miles| explore the beautiful Hiddensee and Greifswalder Bodden, and the delights of this Hanseatic city, also a UNESCO world heritage site.
Day 7 | Free-sail day
Day 8 | Świnoujście | 55 miles | chance to visit a traditional Polish seaside town. Although just across the border Świnoujście is a complete contrast to the other countries in the rally.
Day 9 | Free-sail day
Day 10 | Nexø | 75 miles| small Danish town on the island of Bornholm, which claims to have the highest number of sunshine hours in the whole of the Baltic. A great base to explore the rest of the island, either by bike, bus or boat.
Day 11 & 12 | Free-sail days
Day 13 | Malmö | 110 miles | Sweden’s third largest city and the most bustling place visited since Copenhagen. Venture into the city to explore and spend time people watching in one of the many street cafes.
Day 14 | Copenhagen | 15 miles| Arrive back in Copenhagen for farewell celebrations, before choosing to sail home, or continue exploring the Baltic.
What’s included in the price?
- Free attendance for 2 people at the Baltic Forum on 28th February 2015 in London
Sent to you before the rally:
- 2 x Chart packs (61 charts) covering the area of the rally
- 1 x copy of RCCPF Imray publication ‘The Baltic Sea’ pilot book
- 4 x courtesy flags – for each of the countries visited during the rally
- Comprehensive Baltic 4 Nations rally guide
- Personal log book
- Rally flag
- An embroidered polo shirt for each crew member
During the event:
- Opportunity to sail to Copenhagen in company with the SRL lead boat
- Advice on the best way to get to Copenhagen
- SRL team will meet you at Copenhagen airport, show you to your yacht and accompany you to the airport 2 weeks later (if required)
- Welcome food pack in Copenhagen
- Guidance during the 2 week rally from the SRL lead boat
- Regular briefings and weather forecasts
- Organised social and cultural events throughout the fortnight
- Advice on how to make the most of your 2 weeks and the facilities available
- Information provided on the 4 countries and local knowledge of places to visit
25th July – 8th August 2015
The SRL team will be on hand in Copenhagen from 21st July to assist with local information, airport transfers and carry out safety briefings.