Kelowna now has 33 Melges 24 boats registered for the 2016 Land Rover Kelowna Melges 24 Canadian National Championship, including Richard Reid’ Zingara to defend the 2015 title and some are coming from as far away as Wisconsin, Connecticut, California and Ontario.
The Kelowna event is the first of a Three Stage North American Melges 24 Tour.
The Three Stage North American Tour includes:
1. Land Rover Kelowna Melges 24 Canadian National Championship June 24-26, 2016
2. 2016 Melges 24 U.S. Championship, Lake Geneva October 7-9, 2016
3. Melges 24 World Championship, Miami November 26 to December 3, 2016
The Land Rover Kelowna Melges 24 Canadian Nationals 2016 are a great start to the Melges 24 Western Series including:
1. Land Rover Kelowna Melges 24 Canadian National Championship, June 24-26, 2016
2. Whidbey Island Race Week July 11-15, 2016
3. Columbia Gorge One Design Regatta, Seattle July 29-31, 2016
4. Melges 24 Pacific Coast Championships, San Francisco August 12-14, 2016
The future is bright for the Melges 24 class and the Western North American fleets. To answer the 2016 Canadian Nationals in Kelowna the 2017 North American Championship will be at the Gorge and the 2018 Worlds in Victoria.
The brand new Kelowna Yacht Club is a great venue for a world-class event and both the committee volunteers and staff are achieving their mission ‘to host a high quality, first class yacht race experience with low environmental impact and engage a sense of community.’
The schedule of events is posted, the racing documents are easily accessible on Yacht Scoring, and the Land Rover Kelowna Melges 24 Canadian Nationals website covers information for visiting racers.
The organizing committee is very grateful for the Title Sponsorship from Land Rover Kelowna, Gold Sponsorship from Dockside Marine, the support of the Kelowna Yacht Club and the generous sponsors who make this event possible. The Hosting BC Fund grant was received from the Province of BC through the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development and administered by viaSport British Columbia.
by International Melges 24 Class Association