Greetings from Raja Muda Selangor International Regatta 2015!
Notice of Race
As promised in the last newsletter, the Notice of Race for 26th Raja Muda Selangor International Regatta is ready for downloading – please go to rmsir.com
Should you have any queries regarding the NOR, feel free to drop us a message using the website Contact Us form.
For the 25th RMSIR (2014), we were unable to use the onshore facilities at the Royal Langkawi Yacht Club due to planned extensive renovation works. This major renovation was subject to some delay, but did begin in earnest earlier this year. Construction is currently on schedule, and the good news is that the majority of work will be completed by mid-November 2015. The Raja Muda fleet will be able to berth (subjected to berth availability) using the expanded marina facilities at RLYC. Hooray! Our Race Office will be located in the upgraded RLYC. Hooray! The new look Charlie’s Place bar will be fully operational. Hooray! And we are planning to hold our final party and prize giving out on the terrace as in past years. All good news for sailors who have fond memories of RLYC hospitality. Three cheers all round!
Our online registration system is up and running, so it’s time for you to register your at boat rmsir.com/cms5/skippers/boat-rego/
The system uses the Asian Regattas Boat Registry (ARBR) centralised database of regional racing boats, so those who have previously entered the RMSIR (since we pioneered online registration in 2010) will already have been sent their ARBR number and instructions as to how to use this to enter the RMSIR. Boats new to the regatta will need to complete their boat details before entering.
Once you have your “boat file” in the system then this can be used for any other future regattas using ARBR. This way you only have to keep one set of data updated – even IRC certs are linked to your file, so the latest IRC data is available as well as your crew data.
Here’s a quick guide as to how to register your boat:
1. Go to the Boat Registration page for the entry form. There is also an option to open the form in a pop-up/new window (useful for tablets/phones).
2. Enter your ARBR number and your email as your password.
a. If new to RMSIR then use the “Start New Boat Record” button to enter your boat details and get a new ARBR number.
b. If you can’t remember your number then use the SEARCH option.
3. Use either “Amend Boat Details then Register”, or “Register Using Existing Boat Details”, to take you to the regatta entry screen, and then…
4. …to enter RMSIR we also need to know your boat class, estimated number of crew (and socialites) and some other details specific to this regatta. Once completed then “Confirm Entering this Event” to register and take you to…
5. …the Crew Update page, which allows you to add, amend and archive current and past crew. It automatically calculates your total entry fee for you, including any early-bird discounts.
6. Click the help button on these pages for more online assistance.
Remember, you can always return to any of the pages between now and the regatta to make changes, but the more information you provide early, the less time you will need for registration at RSYC. For more on how the ARBR system works please go to AsianRegattas.com”.
by RMSIR Media