Chances are you’ve replaced your share of emergency-signaling flares — their expiration dates always seem to arrive sooner than expected.
Sirius Signal’s SOS Distress Light ($99) solves this problem by using LED lights as the flare’s light source. Sirius says that the flares can be seen from more than 10 nautical miles away and can operate for up to six hours at peak light-emitting intensity (and up to 60 hours of total operation) while satisfying all U.S. Coast Guard requirements.
The SOS Distress Light is buoyant and delivers the peace of mind that your emergency-signaling device will never expire.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF OUR ELECTRONIC FLARE
- Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for “Night Visual Distress Signals” as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013
- LED flare flashes ONLY the SOS light sequence
- When combined with a daytime distress signal flag (included in package),this electric flare meets ALL USCG Federal Requirements for DAY and NIGHT use in lieu of traditional flares
- Floats with lens-up to optimize both the all-around horizontal and vertical light beams
- No expiration or disposal issues
- Family and boat SAFE – no flame!
- SIMPLE twist-on operation
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- Battery-operated (3 C-cell Alkaline batteries, not included)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Patent Numbers: 9,171,436 and D720,247
more info … siriussignal.com
By David Schmidt