At the Stena Match Cup Sweden in Marstrand, defending ISAF World Champion Ian Williams (GBR) GAC Pindar remains undefeated with a 10-0 scoreline, needing just one more win from his last 3 races to finish at the top of the standings, and thus earn him first choice of his Quarter Final opponent.
Teams were faced with soaring temperatures and challenging light air conditions Wednesday during Qualifying Session three of the Stena Match Cup Sweden in Marstrand, as the final races of the Qualifying round determine which 8 of the 14 team field will advance to the Quarter Finals.
Keith Swinton (AUS) Black Swan Racing sits two points behind Williams with 8 points, with Taylor Canfield (ISV) US One in third with 7 points alongside the Swedish favourites Bjorn Hansen (SWE) Nautiska Racing, and Johnie Berntsson (SWE) Stena Sailing Team.
11 teams from the 14 team field can technically still gain enough points to advance to the Quarter Finals, with Denmark’s Rasmus Viltoft , Austrlalia’s Sam Gilmour and Sweden’s Anna Ostling now out of the competition.
2015/16 World Match Racing Tour – World Championship Event – Stena Match Cup Sweden
QUALIFYING RESULTS After Flight 20
1. Ian Williams (GBR) GAC Pindar 10-0
2. Keith Swinton (AUS) Black Swan Racing 8–5
3. Taylor Canfield (ISV) US One 7-3
4. Björn Hansen (SWE) Nautiska Racing 7-3
5. Johnie Berntsson (SWE) Berntsson Sailing Team 7-6
6. Joachim Aschenbrenner (DEN) Aschenbrenner Racing 6-4
7. Eric Monnin (SUI) Team SailBox 6-4
8. Reuben Corbett (NZL) Corbett Racing 6-4
9. Simone Ferrarese (ITA) Ferrarese Racing 6-7
10. Nicklas Dackhammar (SWE) Essiq Racing 6-7
11. Phil Robertson (NZL) Team TREFOR 5-5
12. Rasmus Viltoft (DEN) Team Viltof 3-7
13. Sam Gilmour (AUS) Neptune Racing 2-11
14. Anna Östling (SWE) Team Anna 0-13
more info …………….stenamatchcupsweden.com