CrewWatcher (Patent Pending) is an app-based crew overboard alarm system that is the fastest way to rescue a person who is overboard.
The system works like a virtual lifeline and is made up of two components: a smartphone application and a small beacon that can be comfortably worn by each crew.
The beacon does not require complex manual activation. The alarm will trigger automatically in a Man Overboard (MOB) event. Should someone go overboard, after sounding the alarm, the app will automatically provide lat/long coordinates of the MOB event, the time of the event, and will visually guide the rescuer using the virtual MOB compass.
Unique CrewWatcher Features Include:
- FREE App operates on most smart phones or tablets & is easy to use
- No cell service required
- Automatically updates with new features (both App & beacon)
- One smart device watches up to 5 crew members
- Perfect also for children, pets, a towed dinghy or bilge alarm
- Activates with water immersion OR separation from vessel
- Rescue: Shows crew overboard bearing, plus distance & lat/long coordinates at point of loss
- Bearing adjusts as boat moves and “MOB Compass” points to location
- 30x faster response than Personal AIS Beacon at 1/3 the price
- WINNER, 2017 Sail Magazine Innovation Award
- WINNER, 2017 DAME Design Award
- 2 year warranty
more info crewwatcher.com