The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia, the Organising Authority behind the Rolex Sydney Hobart, has released a podcast on its annual blue-ribbon race.
The Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race – Podcast #1, featuring a range of news, interviews, stories and items from “The Vault”, is the perfect companion for lovers of adventure and yachting.
The first Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race Podcast, hosted by the legendary Gordon Bray, features a bumper ‘fleet’ of participants (in order of appearance):
- CYCA Life Member and Channel 7 expert commentator Peter Shipway
- CYCA Commodore Paul Billingham
- 2019 Line-Honours title-winner Jim Cooney
- CYCA Youth Sailing Academy graduate and World Youth Match Racing Champion Louis Schofield
- 2019 Tattersall Cup winner Matt Allen
- Two-handed sailing expert Rupert Henry
- Record-breaking Adrienne Cahalan
- Rolex Sydney Hobart veteran Tony Ellis.
This edition of the podcast covers a range of topics including COVID-19 and its implications on sailing, the landmark 75th Sydney Hobart, the upcoming 2020 race, the addition of two-handed sailing in the Rolex Sydney Hobart, Audi Centre Sydney Blue Water Pointscore and at the Olympics, golden moments from the archives and more.
by Cruising Yacht Club of Australia