With 100 days to go until the East Coast Piers Race, top sailors from across the UK and Europe will begin preparations to tackle the various long distance courses the ECPR weekend offers.
Held at Marconi Sailing Club in Essex on the 7th & 8th of July, the weekend is open to fast dinghies (PY980 or faster) and catamarans, with inshore racing on Saturday and three different courses on Sunday with distances of 13, 27 and 48 miles.
Part of the Allen Endurance Series, the race weekend is all in the name of charity with all funds raised donated to The Cirdan Sailing Trust Charity.
What can you expect from this top weekend of sailing?
Off the water
- Great prizes from our headline sponsor Zhik
- Superb sponsored ales from Mighty Oak – with all “proceeds” from their ales going to charity
- Live Ska band on Saturday night
- Free camping from Friday to Monday
- BBQ Saturday night (included in entry price)
- Raffle tickets on sale, with great prizes for the winning tickets
On the water
- Live GPS tracking from SailRacer
- Two inshore races on Saturday – briefing at 12pm, racing at 1pm
- Three long distance races on Sunday – 13, 27 and 48 mile distances
- Racing for monohull and multihull sailors
- Mother boats (yachts) at every mile of the course to help if needed – on top RIB support
Have any questions?
by Tom Brooks